Pacifica has become one of my favorite places up in the Bay. The water is beautiful, the people are nice and it's only a 30 minutes drive from the East Bay!
We spent the morning surfing and in the afternoon we enjoyed the sun and relaxed on the beach. I was even able to squeeze one game of Bananagrams with my friends. Then to end the day we walked up Morri Point and caught the sunset.
It was a perfect weekend day trip. I'm hoping to practice catching some waves at least once a month!
Here are my are my tips for a day trip in Pacifica:
- Surfboard Rentals: Rent surfboards from Sonlight Surfshop. They have everything you need to go out to surf - board, wetsuit, booties.
- Surf Lessons: I would recommend University of Surfing LLC. Super easy and great. My friend Jenn had a great time learning with them.
- Parking: There is free parking on Crespi Drive. It's the same street of Sonlight Surfshop. There are several paid parking lots off Highway 1 and Crespi Drive, but hey, why not go free when it's available?
- Beach: If you want to avoid the crowds, head out to the beach that is directly to the left of Crespi Drive, away from the Taco Bell.
- Morri Point: For a nice sunrise or sunset view, walk up to Morri Point. It only takes about 5-10 minutes from the beach.
- Food: There's a Taco Bell on the shore of the beach and a Safeway in a mini shopping plaza across the street. I would recommend to bring your own food and enjoy it on the beach.