I finally caught my first full wave today at Linda Del Mar Beach in Pacifica! I was so happy once I popped up on my board and felt the wave. :)
I've been taking advantage of our warm winter and spent the day at the beach with my friends Jenn and Mary. I went surfing and surprised Jenn with a surf lesson from the University of Surfing LLC as an early birthday present. And our wonderful friend Mary stayed on shore to watch our bags and capture the shots of us surfing in the water.
Pacifica has become one of my favorite places up in the Bay. The water is beautiful, the people are nice and it's only a 30 minutes drive from the East Bay!
We spent the morning surfing and in the afternoon we enjoyed the sun and relaxed on the beach. I was even able to squeeze one game of Bananagrams with my friends. Then to end the day we walked up Morri Point and caught the sunset.
It was a perfect weekend day trip. I'm hoping to practice catching some waves at least once a month!
Here are my are my tips for a day trip in Pacifica:
- Surfboard Rentals: Rent surfboards from Sonlight Surfshop. They have everything you need to go out to surf - board, wetsuit, booties.
- Surf Lessons: I would recommend University of Surfing LLC. Super easy and great. My friend Jenn had a great time learning with them.
- Parking: There is free parking on Crespi Drive. It's the same street of Sonlight Surfshop. There are several paid parking lots off Highway 1 and Crespi Drive, but hey, why not go free when it's available?
- Beach: If you want to avoid the crowds, head out to the beach that is directly to the left of Crespi Drive, away from the Taco Bell.
- Morri Point: For a nice sunrise or sunset view, walk up to Morri Point. It only takes about 5-10 minutes from the beach.
- Food: There's a Taco Bell on the shore of the beach and a Safeway in a mini shopping plaza across the street. I would recommend to bring your own food and enjoy it on the beach.